For Immediate Release: November 9, 2018
Contact: Brad Rosenkampff, Managing Partner
THE LINK COMPANIES ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION AND EXPANSION
Atlanta, Ga – The Link Companies, a leading manufacturers’ representative agency in the gift, home accent, lifestyle apparel and fashion accessory sectors, announces the acquisition of a prominent sales agency and territory expansion. The Link Companies will now have complete representation in the Northeast through Nova Sales Associates and territory managers in Ohio.
Nova Sales Associates (NSA) has an outstanding history with four decades of sales and service across 6 states. Always been a “shining star” in this region, NSA is led by Drew Weisinger and Phil Wacks. The territory managers will continue under their guidance and join The Link Companies team offering a permanent home at the Atlanta markets. Over the course of the next year, NSA will transition to The Northern Link.
Weisinger: “We are thrilled to be merging with The Link Companies. It’s a perfect opportunity for two companies with similar cultures and respected brands along with a mutual vision and shared desire to grow, to join forces and help our retail and vendor partners succeed.”
The Link Companies also announces the hire of territory managers in Ohio, establishing a new agency called The Central Link. Kelly Morris will be VP of Sales for this new agency. “For decades we have worked with Ohioans in our showrooms and we can now offer exemplary service with our professionals on the road, in their stores. We are very excited about this announcement and welcome the opportunity for growth in the Buckeye State,” states Fred Rosenkampff, CEO/ Managing Partner of The Link Companies.
For more information, visit: www.TheLinkCompanies.com
Brad Rosenkampff, CPO/Managing Partner 404.395.8031
The Link Companies
The Southern Link-Link 2 Sales
Total Accessories-Don Mar Sales-Key Sales
The Northern Link-The Central Link
Bldg. 2/Gift Mart 16th floor, Bldg. 3/Apparel Mart 7th floor
follow us on social media:
IG: @_thelinkcompanies FB: @thelinkcompanies TW: @thelinktweets
Thanksgiving is a time to come together around the table, to gather with our nearest and dearest. And no major feast is complete without the perfect tabletop decor! Thankfully, The Link Companies have several vendors that really lead the way when it comes to finding the perfect food servicing accessories.
First, take a look at SplitP Designs. We found this take on their “Sophisticated Grays” collection to be refreshing, adding just the right pops of orange to make this look very autumnal. The featured SplitP product in this display is the Dotted Line Table Runner and Cloth Napkin. The runner is 13″x 60″ and available at the wholesale price of $12.50. As they did in this display, the neutral colors of this item pair perfectly with any colors. Keep it around for Christmas, and reuse with red poinsettias!
Focusing on simplicity, another excellent piece to put in your store’s tabletop collection is from Sullivan’s. These quaint bud vases can be placed on the table with or without a flower. Either way, the sleek vase with a smooth finish can be re-purposed for multi season use, and, of course, make for a sophisticated centerpiece on the Thanksgiving table. Add mums, stems, or consult the professionals – use one of Sullivan’s useful design recipes to find the absolute perfect arrangement. These vases are included in Design Recipe: CM2845.
Park Designs’ Country, Rustic Living, and Farmhouse collections are a constant hit in the land of classic home decor. But, like their sister company, Split P, they also are champions in the realm of Tabletop and Food Servicing products! This featured item is the Tweed Table Runner in Espresso. With a new, innovative tweed construction, this hand-loomed table runner combines five shades of yarn in a basketweave pattern for a completely reversible table runner that gets twice the wear. Versatility is the name of this game, as this table runner is perfect for Thanksgiving, but can transform a spring tabletop just as nicely. At wholesale, this table runner is $12.50.
Melrose International has gorgeous products for the home and garden, and a robust mix of decor for the Holiday season. For the tabletop, they feature an abundance of vases, lanterns, and centerpiece items. Our favorites are the small vases pictured here. A mixture of texture and color blend perfectly in this trio of small vases. Each has its own imperfections, giving it a look of artisan craftsmanship. The trio is, wholesale, $12.90. Once again, this item is trans-seasonal, and you can feature it in your store right now for the Holiday Tabletop, and continue to carry it well into Spring for a whole different look.
Whether you choose to feature simplistic designs like the ones we featured, or prefer to show colorful or patterned decor in your store displays, both Park and Melrose are leaders in Tabletop and will certainly have some ideas for you! Find the catalogs and product listings on RetailersLink.com for online ordering.
It is never too early to start thinking about even the smallest details for Christmas. Make sure your customers know that your store is the best place to pick up whatever they need to make the Holidays shine the brightest, including STOCKING STUFFERS! Here are the Top Items from The Link Companies that you should order and market as the best in “small” gifts:
- Solid Cologne from Duke Cannon. Other than the infamous “Big Bricks of Soap,” the solid cologne is the next best selling item from Duke. This lightweight container fits nicely inside a stocking for gifting, and, importantly, fits well inside a man’s Dopp kit for travel. It’s completely TSA friendly so no need for bag searches with this, and they’re made with natural and organic ingredients. At $12.50 a piece and in four masculine scents, you cannot go wrong with Solid Cologne.
- Cutie Beans by Fiesta. These little guys are part of a new collectible “blind box” that Fiesta has created. The idea is to purchase the blind boxes until you’ve collected all the different goodies inside! There are nine different adorable plush animals inside each assortment with the options of “Jungle” or “Aqua.” The toy includes the plush and a clip case, perfect for backpacks and keychains! Children of all ages will be delighted by these collectibles. The assortment, ideal for countertop display, contain 72 toys at $2.50 a piece.
- Everlasting Hairbands from Vere. If you have long hair, you need a Vere hairband, end of story. This magical hairband never stretches out; you can use a hair dryer to shrink it down to size. It’s unbreakable, snag-proof, waterproof, crease-proof, comes in an array of glitter and metallic colors, and can also be worn as a bracelet! The small box packaging lends nicely to a stocking stuffer and can even be hung from a Christmas tree to make an adorable display at your store. A box of 5 hairbands is $7.50, wholesale.
- Clip-SEAS from First & Main. From First & Main’s FantaSEA collection adds a newer, smaller product to the plush lineup – clips! Use them as a keychain, or clip them to a backpack. There are 12 different sea creatures to choose from, including an octopus, crab, a gator, and a turtle. At only 4 inches, these little guys can sneak right into a child’s stocking, and can easily be merchandised at a store by hanging from available bags for sale. Clips are $1.90 a piece.
- The Big Larry from Alliance Sports Group. Alliance is comprised of a number of brands, but for this list we’ve chosen NEBO. Maker of all things flashlight-related, Nebo does have a number of smaller items that are the perfect stocking stuffer size. Easy to display, many of the assortments come with a Countertop display unit. Big Larry is no exception, and with a Power Work Light of 500 lumens, it’s sure to outshine the other gifts. This little guy is a “Big” deal, with a magnetic base, four light modes, and new LED technology. For $12.75 a piece, get a 14 piece case pack.
Order any of these fantastic lil’ stocking stuffers right now by ordering online at RetailersLink.com.
It is certainly beginning to feel like Fall outside, and we have some hot buys for you that will warm you up and ship immediately!
The National Candle Association finds that the majority of all candle sales occur during the Christmas/Holiday season. So, NOW is the time to sell candles! Candle Warmers is the perfect brand to buy and they are shipping immediately. New items just released a few months ago include three new fragrances: Caramel Apple, Mahogany Teak, and Spiced Pear. Two new gorgeous vintage style lanterns are new ways to warm your favorite fragrances. At $15.00 cost, the Beacon Lantern is not only a great way to create soothing vibes in your own home, but it makes a fantastic gift for the Holidays.
Now that your home is warmed by Candle Warmers, you might want to consider keeping your feet toasty with World’s Softest Socks! The Ragg collection is shipping right now and offers up both knee-high and crew length socks to keep your tootsies warm and protected from the elements! The Ragg collection is made with ultra soft knit for comfort, and comes in a space dye. Even better, you can now order Ragg slippers, toboggans, and gloves! The slippers have a nice, roomy fit, and come with a sherpa lining for super softness. The toboggans and fingerless gloves also are sherpa-lined.
As for the ultimate women’s gift for the Holiday season, jewelry, Periwinkle has you covered with their Rose Gold Collection! This long lasting trend of rose gold jewelry is not going away any time soon. With Periwinkle’s best-selling assortments, you can’t go wrong. Both Rose Gold prepacks feature the gorgeous earrings, as pictured here, but one of them also contains bracelets. Take your pick – both assortments are $600 and come with a free display for maximum selling potential. A whole long list of Rose Gold bracelets, earrings, and necklaces are available for purchase outside of the prepack, as well!
We all know the old saying that half of your body heat is lost through your head. But anyone can easily attest that if your feet are cold, the rest of you is, as well! That’s why we are highlighting slippers from Warmies on this list. For $10-$12.50, pick up a pair of cozy, microwavable slippers with an extra thick foam sole and relax your aching feet. Just pop them in the microwave, warm them up, and feel relief. For the same price point, the Spa Therapy collection adds a lavender scent for aromatherapy, and comes in gorgeous gift packaging.
Park Designs‘ Holiday Collection is nostalgic, whimsical, and truly classic. In addition to every they offer in their year-round collections, such as tabletop pieces, pillows, and kitchen textiles, the Holiday collection also features unique items like tree skirts, stockings, and Santa Sacks. The Santa Sack is exactly what you’re imagining – the giant bag Santa Claus uses for his stockpile of presents! With a drawstring closure and at only $10 a piece, these gift bags are a fantastic way to start a new tradition in your home.
Order today through RetailersLink!
The 2019 color trend predictions are in! Pantone’s color of the year will be announced this December. In September, however, Pantone chooses colors from the runways of New York fashion week to give us an idea of what to expect for color palettes in the new year.
The color picks are meant to transcend seasonality and, with their bright and vibrant hues, point us toward the future with optimism and positivity. Pantone’s take on the reds, oranges, and coral chosen for 2019 is that they reflect enthusiasm and joyfulness, enlivening fashion with a streak of energy. The most obvious and striking colors are a bright blue and hot pink, meant to be theatrical, cheerful, and majestic.
Vogue has a bit of different take on the striking blue and fuchsia; they are calling the blue a “digital blue,” reflecting the shades inside our social media platforms and evoking technology and the future. Also in Vogue’s notes is “whisky brown,” a color Pantone is calling a toffee tone, that looks like wood grain and warms the fashion color palette. The greens, a mossy shade and an olive, remind us of the natural world and how we connect with it. A few other colors we will see are lilacs (also called lavender), goldenrod yellow, bright orange that Vogue says is “vitaminic,” and gray that’s taking over for the black in the “little black (now gray) dress.”
Not to be eclipsed, but rather combined with the fashion colors are the trends for home décor. Sherwin Williams has already announced their colors of the year for 2019, of which the main pick is called “Reflecting Pool.” We can see this greenish blue picked up in the “earthy” colors from the fashion palette, and looking through some of Sherwin Williams’ palettes, we can easily see the shocking fuchsia and a darkened blue that blur the lines between the digital and the physical. Take a look at the sidebar for tips on how to use these colors to your advantage.
Leanin’ Tree, “America’s Favorite Greeting Cards,” are proving how true that statement is with the recent ranking of top-selling lines from GiftBeat! The most notable accolade for our vendor is #1 Greeting Card Company! Take a look at who they were up against:
The other categories Leanin’ Tree dominated are Top Greeting Cards in the Northeast, and West, and #7 on the list of Humor/Whimsy cards! We are proud to represent such a fantastic line of handmade items.
The Link is proud to represent a line of purses with such a great goal. Save the Girls has a touchscreen purse that makes it super easy to use and access your cell phone and prevents ladies from carrying phone in their bras. This prevents potentially harmful breast cancer-causing agents from sitting directly on a woman’s chest. Ten percent of Save the Girls profits go to breast cancer research! Check out what this Fox News interview has to say about the brand:
The Link Companies is lucky to work with so many creative and enthusiastic vendors who are willing to step in and make markets truly epic events. How is this relevant to you and your store? The same vendors we work with are those you buy from, and they are open to assisting you with and sponsoring in store events! The easiest way to set something like this up is by talking to your Link Companies rep. Send a quick email and find out how you can connect with the vendor that has the bestselling merchandise in your store to create a one of a kind event for your customers.
Why go through the trouble of putting on an in store event? In store events are shown to do the following:
- Increase foot traffic in your store. If you offer hot chocolate during a holiday shopping event, the people will come to your store! Even if they don’t buy something, they now know about what you offer.
- Which brings us to brand awareness – coming into the store during an event may be the first time they ever stepped in. Now they can see what brands you carry and make a mental note that they can pick up these products at YOUR place.
- Events are a sales booster. Particularly if you have an event on a Thursday evening, let’s say, and normally your traffic flow on Thursday is relatively slow. Suddenly you have additional cash flow, especially if you offer a little sale or incentive with the event.
- This is a chance for you to do marketing! Be sure your customers are signing up for your social media accounts and newsletters, and offer incentives for them to do so.
Most retailers really push for in store events when traffic is absolutely essential: The Holiday Season! The Link Team sat down and came up with some ideas for your November and December holiday events:
- Wine and chocolate with Abdallah Candies! Abdallah has probably one of the tastiest gifts of the season. Why not offer a sampling of these delicious chocolates, with a little liquid embellishment, to get your customers started?
- Girls-Night-Out events are already a popular theme with retailer events. You could put a twist on this with a “Girls-Night-In” event! Feature products that spell out C-O-M-F-O-R-T, like Faceplant Dreams. The whole idea behind this brand is making women feel cozy and happy in dreamy soft pajamas, slippers, pillowcases and blankets!
- A “Mistletoe Market” for children, with a small section of gifts priced under $20, on low shelves, for children to get for their moms and dads! This is a great way to include the whole family, and for children to make memories in your store.
At the event, make sure your customers sign up for your newsletter or social media accounts. You can even turn this into an in-person contest! Have stylists or associates go around and tell customers that by following you on social media and posting about their in-store experience (whether it’s a quick mention on Facebook, or a little picture on Instagram), they have a chance to win a contest! Raffle away items in your store that are hot commodities but not big ticket items.
RetailersLink vendors are well stocked with all the Fall Decor your customers need to add a little extra pizzazz to their households this Autumn! Here are some items we thought were worth featuring.
Brownlow Gifts has a number of goodies for Fall, including recipe cards, spatulas, and adorable gift baskets including a yummy spiced Apple Cider drink mix! We chose to highlight the decor piece of the puzzle; this tin sign is inspired by vintage ceiling tiles. It has an antique, hand-rubbed finish and a jute hanger. It makes for an adorable decoration in any home.
Sullivans’ Fall decor selection is a dream come true! Our favorites include this pumpkin dish (with a lid) that makes a fantastic cookie or candy jar, the adorable pumpkin plate that accents a countertop or an autumn dinner spread, and the gorgeous, bright fall foliage featured with a combination of bouquets! This photo really shows off what Sullivans can do to help jazz up your harvest home decor.
Any home decorated for Fall is not complete without some scented candles to bring the essence of pumpkin spice into your living space. Woodwick does not disappoint! The Pumpkin Pecan fragrance comes in all candles sizes and is described as, “toasted pecan crumble tops a ginger pumpkin puree, swirled with vanilla and cinnamon.” Who could resist?
Counterart’s Harvest Moments and Watercolor Harvest collections are a wonderful addition to any autumnal tabletop! They contain a glass counter server, cheese server, a lazy susan, serving trays, a dip chiller, and even floormats. Of course, no Counterart collection would be complete without coasters, and Harvest moments contains stone, car coasters, and tumbled tile coasters. We chose to feature the reversible plastic placemats with two different Watercolor patterns. Keep your table clean and stylish!
You can order any of these products right now on RetailersLink.com. Happy Fall, Y’all!